I am pleased to announce that this is progressing nicely and, I will be providing the first 'Taster' session in Cardiff on December 7th 2009.
The Taster session will last approximately three hours and will provide information on the the advantages and the disadvantages of becoming self-employed. Other topics covered in the session will include:
- How to start the business in a business like manner
- Who needs to be notified about my intention to start?
- Is there any funding to help me start?
- Who will help me to find any grants and can I get help with filling in the forms?
- Do I need to register for VAT?
- How important is it to have a Business Plan?
- Who will help me to write a Business Plan?
- How much help is available and what do I need to do to be allocated a Personal Business Advisor/Mentor
- Why is the service FREE to me?
The list above is just an example of the session. All training materials are included in the session and, are FREE as is the training session, and any further training sessions or mentoring provided. All the support is funded by the Welsh Assembly Government.
The first Taster Session is almost fully booked, but if anyone is interested in 'testing the water' as far as starting their own business is concerned, simply leave your contact details in the comments box below, and someone will contact you with the information.
Initially, the sessions and the on-going mentoring will be provided in Cardiff, Newport and Swansea.