Monday, 31 August 2009

The Red Kite

















I am by no means a great wildlife photographer! But, that doesn't mean I am not a great wildlife photographer fan.
For years I have tried to improve my wildlife photography skills, and maybe I have had a modicum of success but not to any great level.
I have been watching recently, a TV show on the BBC about a number of keen wildlife enthusiasts competing for a place on the BBC Wildlife team based in Bristol. This is a great show and for anyone remotely interested in wildlife is well worth a watch. However, this show brought home to me how difficult it really is to capture 'that' shot and it made me appreciate all those great pics of birds and animals that we see every day and take for granted.
In 2005 I visited a place in Mid Wales called Gigrin Farm. It is a wonderful oasis in the beautiful Welsh countryside and well worth a visit. Check out their website here . Gigrin Farm is a Red Kite feeding station. They are, and have been dedicated to the well being of the Red Kite for many years now, and through their efforts have seen the bird population increase many fold.
If you are interested in wildlife photography then I strongly recommend to pay a visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment